Increase your libido and have a healthy sex life.
A low female libido can be caused by a number of factors, including stress, a lack of exercise, an unhealthy diet, certain medications and hormones. Antidepressants can lower your libido and make it difficult to even get aroused. Low libido can hurt your marriage, since sex plays a major part in any good relationship. Viagra for women is now on the market, but it can be too expensive for most people. Instead of spending money on prescribed medications, why not increase your libido the natural way by using herbs and supplements, eating the right kinds of foods and exercising? There are simple and inexpensive ways to increase a woman’s libido without laying out a large sum of money for a prescription.
1. Eat raw oysters. Some people don’t care for them, but if you can stand to eat them, add a few to your daily diet. Scrub the shells to remove dirt and bacteria, then open the shells and place them on some ice. Oysters are high in zinc, which is known to raise testosterone levels and sperm production in men. Try eating a few raw oysters a day and see if it helps increase your sex drive.
2. Add avocado to your daily diet. Avocados have high levels of folic acid, Vitamin B6 and potassium, which all play important roles in female libido. Folic acid helps metabolize proteins, Vitamin B6 helps increase male hormone production and potassium helps regulate the female thyroid gland, which in turn helps increase female sex drive.
3. Eat more asparagus. Asparagus is rich in Vitamin E, which helps stimulate the production of sex hormones. This is good for both the female and male libido.
4. Eat a banana every day. Bananas are rich in potassium and Vitamin B, which are important in the production of sex hormones, or testosterone. Bananas are also great for increasing energy.
5. Add figs to your diet. Figs are high in amino acids, which can increase female libido. Figs can also increase sexual stamina.
6. Snack on celery throughout the day and add it to your lunch. Celery contains androsterone, an odorless hormone that is released through male perspiration and reportedly turns women on. Celery is also good for you and tastes great, too.
7. Eat eggs for breakfast every morning. Eggs contain vitamins B5 and B6, which help fight stress levels. They also help balance hormone levels, which is important for a healthy libido. Stress is one cause of a low libido, so eat some delicious eggs for breakfast on an everyday basis.