One health issue that can affect your child, while most likely will not happen often, is worms. At one time or another, almost all children will get worms. These menacing critters can cause your child to be uncomfortable and can lead to other more serious issues, if not treated. The signs that your child may have worms may not always be completely clear. Your child may squirm around in his chair or complain of not being able to sleep from his bottom itching. Many forms of worms are hard to see during the daytime and must be searched for at night in a darkened room, using a flashlight. While there are prescription medications that a physician can prescribe to remove these pests, there are also natural methods of ridding worms from your child’s body.
Papaya Juice Treatment
1. Combine 1 tablespoon of papaya juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix together thoroughly and give the mixture to the child to drink.
2. Follow the papaya juice and honey mixture with a glass of the following. Mix together one 8-ounce glass of warm milk and 1 teaspoon of Castor oil. Be sure that the child drinks the entire glass.
3. Repeat this treatment once a day for two days. It is extremely effective in getting rid of parasites.
4. Grate 1 cup of carrots.
5. Eat the carrots early in the morning, about 1 hour before your normal breakfast.
6. Continue with this method of parasite removal for 4 to 5 days. This method works exceptionally well for flushing out parasites.
7. Fast on specific fruits. With children, you never want to change their diets completely for an extended period of time. Simply add a large amount of the fruits to the child’s diet.
8. Cut up raw pineapples, cranberries and/or papayas. Have the child eat these fruits throughout the day and in higher quantities than normal.
9. Continue adding the fruit to the child’s diet for a period of 3 to 4 days. These types of fruits, especially pineapple, are known to kill tapeworms in the body.
Pumpkin Seed Treatment
10. Have the child purge his body by drinking prune juice before beginning the pumpkin seed treatment. Allow the prune juice to work its magic and expel any matter from the child’s intestine.
11. Skin 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. Crush the skinned pumpkin seeds and add them to 1 cup of boiling water.
12. Cool the mixture and have the child drink it.
13. Give the child 3 to 4 cupfuls of this mixture throughout the day. This is a very effective method for removing intestinal worms.
14. Repeat this treatment the next day. Also do not allow the child to eat a heavy meal after the treatment on either day; this may result in an upset stomach.
Wormwood Oil Treatment
15. Purchase a vial of wormwood oil (see Resources).
16. Add 2 milliliters of wormwood oil to 4 ounces of water.
17.Dispense the wormwood oil solution as an enema. Fill a small child-sized bulb syringe with the solution and flush out the rectal area. This solution will destroy the pests.