Treat Psoriasis Naturally
Just because you have been diagnosed with psoriasis does not mean you will need to rely on pharmaceuticals. You can treat psoriasis naturally with many simple lifestyle changes. Read on to learn get a natural treatment for this condition.
1. Apply a zinc cream daily to affected areas. Try natural diaper ointment. Read the label before purchasing. You’ll discover that wholesome brands list zinc oxide as the first and sometimes only ingredient.
2. Take zinc supplements orally to treat psoriasis naturally. Zinc deficiency triggers psoriasis in many individuals.
3. Get your vitamin D levels tested because low levels of this vital hormone can trigger psoriasis. Take vitamin D supplements if levels are low. Check with your physician to determine proper dosage.
4. Avoid prolonged exposure to hot water during bath time. Hot water can aggravate many skin conditions. This is especially important during the winter months.
5. Expose face, arms, and legs to direct sunlight at least twenty minutes daily. This helps with vitamin D production.
6. Switch to allergy-free laundry detergent since certain chemicals and fragrances can aggravate skin. Baby laundry detergent is a good choice.
7. Take evening primrose oil supplements by mouth or break open a capsule and rub the liquid on psoriasis areas. Double check with your doctor first since evening primrose oil is not suitable for individuals taking certain medications.
8. Visit a naturopathic doctor who will evaluate your condition holistically and work in conjunction with your family physician to pursue treatment possibilities and causes that conventional medicine often ignores.