Treat Low Blood Pressure With Alternative Remedies
Low blood pressure (hypotension) occurs when your consistent blood pressure readings are extremely low (usually at or below 90/60) over an extended period. The main symptoms of hypotension are fatigue, dizziness and fainting. Luckily, you can treat low blood pressure with these alternative remedies.
1. Soak some raisins in a bowl of water overnight. Come morning, eat the raisins slowly and drink the water as well. Drink plenty of water, eat small meals throughout the day and get sufficient rest. Reduce the use of caffeine, refined sugar and artificial sweeteners in your diet.
2. Ingest herbs and vegetables. Drink a cup of beetroot juice two times a day to improve this condition. Use herbs like rosemary, gentian, kola, Indian spikenard and ginseng in a tea infusion. Boil some water and add these herbs to make the tea and then drink twice a day.
3. Consider Ayurveda treatments for low blood pressure. Depending on your dosha type (Vata, Kapha or Pitta) you can take the following spices or herbs: Garlic for Vata, cayenne for Kapha, and turmeric for Pitta. You can also use cinnamon, black pepper and cardamom. Add any of these to food as alternative remedies for low blood pressure
4. Enjoy Epsom salt baths as a remedy for this condition. Prepare a bath by dissolving 2 to 4 cups of Epsom salt into hot water. Soak in this bath for 20 minutes. Dry friction skin brushing may also be beneficial.
5. Make changes in your diet and lifestyle. Get adequate protein, Vitamins C, E, B complex, zinc and magnesium from foods or by taking vitamin supplements and include enough salt in your diet. Incorporate exercises like walking, swimming, biking or do some breathing exercises.
6. Try color therapy as an alternative remedy. Combine the colors green and yellow and use them in 15-minute periods twice a day for two weeks. Use this combination in your home or wear clothing in these colors for two weeks.
7. Raise your blood pressure with homeopathy, yoga, acupuncture and acupressure. Use the homeopathic remedy of broom, hawthorn berries and kola. Prepare a tea with these herbs and drink. Learn yoga poses that can raise blood pressure levels (see Resources below). Get acupuncture or acupressure treatment with licensed practitioners.