Treat Hives Naturally
Hives are red blotchy swellings on the skin, which are usually the result of an allergic reaction. They are often very itchy and can be painful or cause a burning sensation.
1. Put cool, wet compresses on red areas to soothe itching.
2. Take a bath in oatmeal if hives cover a large area.
3. Add cornstarch to your regular bath.
4. Apply aloe vera gel to soothe skin and reduce discomfort.
5. Take acidophilus to help reduce an allergic reaction.
6. Take quercetin to help relieve inflammation and allergic reactions.
7. Supplement with 1,000mg vitamin C a day to help your immune system respond to allergens.
8. Use the herbs alfalfa, yellow dock, echinacea, ginseng, licorice and nettles.
9. Investigate the cause of the hives. Medications, insect bites or stings, certain foods and food additives, and certain plants are common culprits.
10. Avoid the substance that caused your hives.
11. Use an antihistamine for temporary relief of symptoms, particularly if hives are very severe or if overall allergic reaction is severe.