Treat Cystic Acne With Herbs
Any type of acne can be devastating to have regardless of age. Although acne can range from the simple blackheads to the occasional whitehead, the most severe type of acne is cystic acne. Instead of the white pustule coming out, normally when a pimple pops, it ruptures beneath the skin causing a cyst. The danger then becomes the infection spreads beneath the skin causing either more acne or other problems with the skin.
1. Look for herbal remedies that treat the body from the inside out. Some herbs can help with redness and pain of cysts on the outside, but because the infection is beneath the skin, treatment needs to focus on the inside of the body rather than topical treatments.
2. Boost the body’s immune system and detoxify the blood with herbs like Neem, Haemafine Syrup and Shudda Guggul. These are widely used for skin conditions and to maintain healthy skin because they not only purify and detoxify, but they also help to boost the immune system to help fight off the infected cysts.
3. Treat any redness with herbs that cool and soothe the skin. Anything with aloe vera and green tea extract will provide relief to tender cystic acne. Look for products that contain these ingredients to cleanse the face as well as moisturize afterwards.
4. Be patient in waiting for the cysts to dissolve on their own with use of herbs for treatment. Patience is the key to allowing the herbs to work on cystic acne.
5. Know when to call a dermatologist. Because cystic acne is the most severe form of acne, it can be difficult to treat at home or with herbs and may require prescription strength medication to treat.
6. Notify your physician of all herbs used recently for the cystic acne to avoid any adverse reactions to medication.