Cats who frequently shake their heads or have been rubbing their ears against a hard surface to scratch them may be suffering from an ear infection. One of the most common feline health issues is an ear infection; luckily ear infections are usually not serious and can be treated successfully by a home remedy. Feline ear infections are naturally treated by application of apple cider vinegar solution to the affected area inside the cat’s ear. Apple cider vinegar is both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial (similar to properties contained inside antibiotics). Treating a feline ear infection at home is a very simple process that does not require any special medical skills.
1. Measure 1/4 cup of room temperature water and pour it into a clean bowl.
2. Measure 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and add it to the bowl of water.
3. Stir solution of apple cider vinegar into the water.
4. Thoroughly saturate a cotton ball with the vinegar solution.
5. Gently apply the vinegar solution on the inside of your cat’s ear(s) using the cotton ball. It is important that you do not press too firmly because this may cause your pet discomfort.
6. Wipe any excess solution off of your cat’s fur with a dry towel.
7. Apply the solution again every 4 to 6 hours until the infection clears.