Remove W32 Mabezat B
W32 Mabezat B is one of the many Internet worms that spreads itself by hijacking your email account. If your system has been infected with the W32 Mabezat B worm it will send out mass emails without your consent to everyone in your address book. People who open the emails will also have their computers become infected with the worm. The worm has several files that are always active, so in order to remove it from your computer you will first need to find those files and shut them down.
1. Follow the link in the Resources section to the AVG Anti-Virus program. Download the program’s installation file if your computer does not already have an anti-virus tool. Open the file and then follow the installation instructions on the screen.
2. Press the “Ctrl,” “Alt” and “Del” keys at the same time and open “Task Manager.” Click the “Processes” tab at the top of the Task Manager window.
3. Scroll through the list of files at the center of the Task Manager window and find the file named “zPharaoh.exe.” Click on the file and then click “End Process.”
4. Close the Task Manager. Access the Start menu bar at the bottom of the desktop. Click on the “Search” button. Search for the file “zPharaoh.exe.”
5. Right-click on the “zPharaoh.exe” file and then select “Delete.” Search for the files named “tazebama.dll” and “hook.dll” and delete them. Type “Regedit” into the search box and then press Enter.
6. Navigate to the registry editor folder named “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced.” Find the entry at the right side of the window named “ShowSuperHidden = 0.” Right-click on it and then press “Delete.”
7. Close the registry editor’s window. Open the anti-virus tool that you installed earlier. Click on the program’s “Update” feature and wait for the anti-virus tool to download its most up-to-date detection information.
8. Choose the “Computer Scanner” option and then click on “Scan Entire Computer.” Click on “Remove Problems” if the scan shows any further traces of the W32 Mabezat B worm.