So it’s that time of month again. The bloating, the headaches, the fatigue, the cramps! What a frustrating cycle. While headaches can be treated with a little pain pill, many times these medications don’t even begin to touch those frustrating cramps and bloating. Luckily, it is possible to relieve menstrual cramps and bloating naturally and easily.
1. Never wear a tampon when you are experiencing menstrual cramps and bloating. Invest in some thin yet powerful pads to wear on those first few heavy days and transition into tampons as your period grows lighter and the cramps diminish.
2. Eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and reduce your intake of salt, caffeine and alcohol. The University of Maryland Medical Center suggests that this is the best way to prevent and relieve menstrual cramps and bloating naturally.
3. Run a warm bath and relax the pain away. The heat combined with the soothing water can help wash away any pain and stress surrounding your period.
4. Do a few jumping jacks or go for a brisk walk. Light exercise tends to alleviate menstrual cramps and bloating by circulating the blood and oxygenating the cramping muscles.
5. Roll into a fetal position. Whether experiencing back pain or simple bloating, this position tends to help women manage their menstrual pain effectively.
6. Sip on a raspberry leaf or cramp bark tea to relieve menstrual cramps and bloating naturally in a holistic way.