Alopecia areata is a skin condition that commonly causes hair loss, exposing certain areas of your scalp or other parts of your body. It manifests unexpectedly and can last up to one year. This condition affects millions of people worldwide and causes great psychological distress. Numerous factors can cause alopecia areata, including genetic dispositions, excessive hair styling, chemicals, hormonal imbalance and immunological disorders. However, you can prevent alopecia areata naturally, i.e. without any pharmaceutical medications.
1. Apply pure aloe vera gel on your scalp. The aloe vera plant contains many active ingredients which can strengthen your hair follicles, shafts and roots. Apply a quarter-size amount of aloe vera gel to your scalp twice a day, especially before bedtime.
2. Consume more protein. Your hair is composed mostly of protein. When your body lacks protein, the cells in your body begin to break down, causing rapid hair loss and hastening the aging process. Eat protein-rich foods, such as broccoli, tofu, lentils, wheat bread and beans.
3. Drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Water flushes out harmful bacteria and toxins via your urinary system. When your body contains more water, it utilizes less energy to remove toxins. As a result, it can focus more energy on cellular growth, especially to any thinning areas of your scalp.
4. Take vitamin B6 capsules. This vitamin maintains your hair, skin and nails. The recommended safe dosage is 100 mg and below. Read the label of the bottle for directions on take the vitamin.
5. Eat half of cup of raisins a day. Raisins are rich in iron. Your blood cells utilize iron in order to transport oxygen to the many internal organs in your body. Your scalp needs oxygen to maintain hair-follicle growth.