Sesame Oil and Sunflower Oil
Oil pulling is still a very new healing concept in the U.S. but has been practiced for a very long time in other countries, such as Europe, India and China. Oil pulling is an alternative health practice of swishing edible oil (such as sunflower oil) around in your mouth (without swallowing it), for about 20 minutes, then spitting it out. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? Actually, not only is it very easy to do, it’s a very powerful healing practice, offering many health benefits. Oil pulling detoxifies the body in a highly effective way.Yet another wonderful bonus of oil pulling is an increased metabolism. Eventually, you may notice you will lose weight, if your body needs to. Oil pulling will help restore your body to its normal weight.
Your Daily Oil Pulling Procedure
1. The first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and before drinking any liquids (including water), pour exactly one tablespoon of sunflower or sesame oil (or whatever oil you have chosen) into your mouth.
2. Set a timer for exactly 20 minutes.
3. Swish the oil around in your mouth without swallowing it. Move it around in your mouth and through your teeth, as if it was mouthwash (don’t tilt your head back to gargle though). You’ll find that the oil will start to get watery as your saliva mixes with it. Keep swishing.If your jaw muscles get sore while swishing, you’re putting too much into it. Relax your jaw muscles and use your tongue to help move the liquid around the inside of your mouth. When you do this correctly, you’ll feel very comfortable. Pretty soon, it will become second nature.
4. As the end of the oil pulling session approaches, you may notice the oil/saliva mixture in your mouth has become thicker. This is quite normal, since it is pulling out toxins from your body.When 20 minutes is up, spit out the oil into the toilet. Don’t be alarmed if it looks yellowish–this is also normal.
5. Rinse out your mouth a couple of times with warm water and spit into the toilet. Rinse and spit with a good mouthwash. I prefer to dilute with water (or use full strength), regular hydrogen peroxide and I rinse and spit with that. The hydrogen peroxide is very effective in rinsing out any toxins which may be left in the mouth.
6. Brush your teeth as usual with your toothpaste of choice. Baking soda is also a good option for brushing. Now you can drink liquids, eat and go throughout your day as usual. Enjoy a more healthier you with fresher breath, and clean, brighter and whiter teeth.