Applying a cold compress can help reduce bruising.
You have decided to have a cosmetic facial procedure, and whether it is an eye lift or a nose job, one of the common side effects to any facial surgery is bruising. While this is inevitable, there are things to do before and after your surgical procedure that will help to minimize your bruising and how long it lasts. With the addition of a few herbal and vitamin supplements as well as proper aftercare, your bruising can be reduced and your healing process made easier.
1. Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen or vitamin E supplements for at least two weeks prior to your facial procedure. These medications act as a blood thinner and can increase your risk of bruising.
2. Take 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C starting three days prior to surgery and for seven days after your facial procedure. Vitamin C aids in immunity and healing.
3. Take three or four Arnica Montana supplement pellets under your tongue beginning three days prior to your facial surgery, recommends SurgicalArt.net. Take these four times a day and continue taking them for five days after the procedure. This is a homeopathic herb designed to reduce bruising.
4. Take 1,000 milligrams of Bromelain supplements for the five days following surgery, says Dr. Scott M. Goldstein of TriCountyEye.com. This is a homeopathic medication designed to minimize facial bruising.
5. Apply a cold compress to the facial bruising area every 20 minutes for 2 to 3 days after your procedure.
6. Sleep with your head elevated at a 45-degree angle. This helps reduce swelling and bruising of the facial area, according to Aspen Rehabilitation.