Calendula cream is a common homeopathic remedy that cures dry skin. This is a multipurpose cream that can be used all over the body. Calendula oil is known for its natural healing properties. The cream is used to relieve rough, dry skin that is problematic and uncomfortable. Making your own Calendula cream is a great way to save money and ensure that all the ingredients are natural and safe. The homemade cream is free of harsh chemicals and preservatives. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Combine 1 oz. of calendula-infused extra virgin olive oil, 1 oz. shea butter, 1 oz. mango butter, 1/2 oz. avocado oil, 1/4 oz. jojoba oil and 1/4 oz. beeswax into a double broiler.
2. Melt all ingredients over low heat until the beeswax is completely melted. Remove the double broiler from the heat and stir the beeswax until evenly combined with the other ingredients.
3. Use a handheld electric mixer to blend and whip ingredients together. Mix at a high speed until the concoction is fluffy with a “whipped” texture.
4. Add about 1/2 tsp. of essential oil or fragrance to your mixture if desired. If the fragrance is not added, then you will have the natural aroma of calendula.
5. Store extra cream in an airtight container for future use.