Keep Cellulitis From Coming Back
Cellulitis may appear at any time on any part of your body if you are at risk for the condition and do not take precautions to avoid it. If you have experienced cellulitis in the past, there are certain steps you can take to keep it from coming back. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Keep cellulitis from coming back by washing your skin regularly to keep it clean. Use an antibacterial soap that does not cause excessive drying of your skin. Use warm water to help soothe your skin and pat your skin dry with a towel to avoid any abrasions.
2. Investigate the best skincare products available for your skin in order to keep it healthy and free of cellulitis. There is a large variety of skin care products available at affordable prices at most pharmacies and grocery stories. Depending on the sensitivity of your skin, it may be worth investing more money in an advanced or specialty formula of moisturizer.
3. Avoid taking more than one shower a day, as excessive showering may dry out your skin and make it more likely to crack and be exposed to infection. Try to take short showers and use warm water instead of hot water to keep your skin health and not too dry. Keeping your skin healthy and well moisturized is one of the best ways to keep cellulitis from coming back.
4. Examine your feet and legs on a regular basis to make sure cellulitis is not coming back. Because the feet and legs are the most common spots on your body to develop cellulitis, it’s a good idea to keep an eye out for redness and swelling of your skin, as well as any other relevant symptoms. People with diabetes should pay especially close attention to these parts of their bodies since cellulitis in these areas is even more common for people with diabetes.
5. Protect your feet from bacterial and fungal infection by always wearing shoes in public areas, especially in public showers or locker rooms. Waterproof shoes and sandals will help keep fungus away from your feet, which may prevent your cellulitis from coming back. Anti-fungal foot powder can also help prevent fungal infections from occurring in the first place if you apply it to your feet on a daily basis.