Bleached-blond hair requires special care to keep it healthy.
Blondes may have more fun, but bleached hair that is damaged and straw-like can make a newly blonde wish she had remained au naturel. However, bleached-blond hair doesn’t have to be brittle and damaged. There are a variety of ways to care for bleached hair and keep it beautiful and healthy. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Avoid daily shampooing, which can dry out bleached or color-treated hair. Instead rinse your hair with warm water and apply a conditioner. Skip the water altogether on non-shampoo days and opt for a hair powder to absorb excess oil. Baby powder can also do the trick.
2. Use products designed for color-treated hair. Many of these products contain extra moisturizer and UV filters, which protect bleached hair from sun damage. Bleached blondes should choose a shampoo with violet pigments, which prevent the hair from turning yellow or brassy.
3. Protect your hair from sun damage by wearing a wide-brimmed hat or applying a leave-in conditioner with UV filters. Sunlight can damage delicate, color-treated tresses and leave them dry and brittle.
4. Visit a salon for a professional keratin treatment. Bleaching can damage the hair’s natural protein structure, and a keratin treatment can prevent cracking and splitting by keeping the external keratin layer moisturized.
5. Apply a deep conditioning hair mask. Leave the treatment in for 15 minutes before rinsing. Your hair should be instantly silkier and revitalized.