Improve Vision With Natural Medicine
Vision loss, or macular degeneration, is a very common problem. Every year in the United States, one out of every six people 55 years old or older suffers from some form of vision loss. Luckily, macular degeneration does not have to be inevitable, because, through natural medicine you can both improve your vision and help prevent future vision loss.
1. Eat a diet that includes foods rich in the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which protect the retina from macular degeneration due to the normal aging process. Such foods include spinach, carrots, green leafy vegetables, corn, eggs and bilberry juice. You can increase the absorption of these antioxidants by cooking your foods with olive oil.
2. Drink herbal teas that are known to improve and protect vision. Wolfberry, also known as goji berry, is rich in carotenoids and can help strengthen vision. Chrysanthemum and peppermint are both rich in antioxidants and can help reduce pressure on the eye, which can lead to vision loss. Gingko biloba and eyebright also help to improve vision and prevent vision loss by increasing blood circulation to the eyes.
3. Take pantothenic acid, a B vitamin that can help to improve the clarity of vision in as fast as one day. Take 300 mg in the morning under the tongue. Pantothenic acid can cause heightened alertness, so only take it in the morning, as it might affect your sleep.
4. Reduce your chances of vision loss due to cataract by taking regular supplements of vitamin E. Vitamin E is easily absorbed in supplement form; however, peanuts and peanuts oil are a nutritious and tasty natural source of vitamin E.
5. Include natural fish oils in your diet. By eating more cold water fish or taking fish oil capsules every day you can help to improve your focus, see colors more brightly, particularly at night, and improve near and far sightedness.