There are home remedies for melanin spots that can come from sunbathing.
Whether you’re old or young, you can be affected by dark spots on your skin from excessive melanin production due to hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, vitamin deficiencies, medical disorders or stress. These sometimes unsightly pigmentation spots can vary in size and location, typically appearing on areas that receive the most sun exposure, like your face and hands. Melanin is a naturally occurring dark pigment found in your skin and hair, which over time produces some natural changes in your skin’s pigmentation. However, there are some home remedies for reducing unwanted melanin spots and keeping your skin healthy. Does this Spark an idea?
Home Remedies for Melanin Spots on Your Face
1. Wash your face with a skin brightening cleanser, preferably with natural ingredients like cranberry extract and Vitamin B5. The Free Library explains that these cleansers help repress the production of melanin that causes dark spots.
2. Mix oatmeal, tomato juice and curd together and apply it to your face. Leave the mixture on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off to help lighten the dark spots.
3. Cut a lemon in half and rub the juice over your face to brighten the melanin spots, or cut a piece of an Aloe Vera plant lengthwise and rub its juice over your face for a similar result. If you have Vitamin E oil at home, you can use this on your face as well to reduce discoloration.
4. Soak four almonds in water overnight and grind it into a paste the next day. Apply the paste directly to the melanin spots and leave it on overnight to help with fading. Wash it off with cold water in the morning.
5. Apply a high SPF sunscreen to your face to prevent melanin pigmentation spots from forming.
Home Remedies for Melanin Spots on Your Hands and Legs
6. Grind a few mint leaves and mix them with water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the melanin spots on your hands. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off to help reduce dark pigmentation.
7. Mix a couple of drops of lime juice with turmeric powder and apply the mixture to the melanin spots on your legs for lightening effects.
8. Apply a high SPF sunscreen to your hands, legs and other exposed skin areas to prevent melanin pigmentation spots from forming.