No matter to what extent you experience scalp psoriasis or any other skin disorder, the effects are unsightly and uncomfortable. While many over-the-counter and prescription remedies exist, you may want to try other means of correction. Listed below is a compilation of home remedies found effective by other psoriasis sufferers.
1. Rinse your scalp once a day or every other day with a product containing some form of Dead Sea salt. This step can be completed by mixing your regular shampoo with straight Dead Sea salt or by finding a shampoo product made with sea salt.
2. Condition your hair each night with a mixture of aloe vera and jojoba oil. Mix equal parts of each in your palms, massage into scalp and let soak overnight.
3. Implement a conditioning hair mask once or twice a week, depending on personal need. Combine the overripe avocado, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and 1 tsp. honey by mashing all together. Rub on scalp and seal with shower cap (or plastic wrap). Let set for 30 to 60 minutes and rinse using your regular washing method.
4. Supplement your daily diet with some variation of flaxseed. The natural oil in the seed is supposed to calm the condition.
5. Relax and enjoy pampering your skin and scalp! Positive thinking is proven to be a quite effective method of reparation.