Cure Swollen Gums
The type of cure that you find for swollen gums will largely depend on the cause of the condition. There are both homeopathic and medical remedies that can cure swollen gums. Consult with a dentist if you are experiencing swollen gums to find the root of the problem and determine the best course of treatment. Along with swelling, the patient may experience discomfort and redness.
1. Rinse your mouth out with a salt water solution. Add a tablespoon of salt to a glass of warm water and stir them together. Swish the water around in your mouth for several minutes and then spit it out. Repeat this process several times a day to temporarily cure swollen gums.
2. Try lemon juice for a potential cure for swollen gums. Squeeze the juice from a full lemon into a full glass of warm water. Rinse with this solution for several minutes two to three times a day.
3. Floss regularly. If you don’t floss after meals, food will become lodged between your teeth and lead to gingivitis, a dental condition that causes swollen and bleeding gums.
4. Take a daily vitamin. Swollen gums can result from a lack of vitamin C, folic acid or iron. Find a multivitamin that contains these essential vitamins and minerals.
5. Massage your gums. Another remedy for swollen gums is to massage them gently with either a cotton swab or rubber finger massager. Spend at least 5 minutes performing this action each day to increase blood flow to the area.
6. Opt for a homeopathic remedy. Purchase propolis extract from a natural health store and apply one dropperful to the inside of your mouth. Keep the substance in your mouth for at least a minute before rinsing with water.