The inner ear controls balance partially. This is why you may experience some vertigo and dizziness when you have complications with your inner ear, such as an infection. You can combat the dizziness in a few simple steps. However, symptoms like dizziness can worsen if left untreated, so if dizziness persists, see a doctor.
1. Sit still or lie down. If you are experiencing inner ear dizziness, get off your feet for a while and immobilize yourself. Do not move or turn rapidly.
2. Drink plenty of fluids. An integral step in combating the dizziness is drinking a lot of water. This will help you get over your dizziness and prevent dehydration, which can worsen symptoms.
3. Take deep breaths. When experiencing dizziness, taking six or seven deep breaths will increase oxygen flow and help lower your body’s stress levels.
4. Change your diet. Reduce sodium and salt consumption. Vegetables and proteins will help stabilize your blood sugar.
5. Chew on ginger. Ginger root effectively treats many ailments, including dizziness and nausea. You can also boil it in water and make a calming tea, which, additionally, will help alleviate stress associated with dizziness.