Herpes is one of those diseases that has been coined as incurable. That might be the case, but there are some steps to take that can at least alleviate the effects and make living with it a lot more comfortable. Because herpes is a viral infection, the main thing to focus on is boosting the body’s immunity.
1. Eliminate the junk food. The junk food in this case includes anything that is high in acid as herpes manifests in an acidic environment. Some of these foods include processed carbs, soda, alcohol, coffee, deep fried foods and white flour products.
2. Apply some cream. There are a number of topical creams that have been known to alleviate herpes outbreaks, relieve pain and speed the healing process. Some of these include aloe vera, eucalyptus, comfrey and tea tree oil. They can be found at health food stores in the cosmetic sections.
3. Try some homeopathic remedies. These can also be found in a health food store and they have been known to help the body deal with outbreaks from herpes. Some of these include rhus toxicodendron, sepia, natrum muriaticum and dulcamara.
4. Eat alkaline foods. Eating alkaline forming foods can help boost immunity lower acidity levels. This is the theory behind the pH level of the body. Fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, legumes, whole grains and high quality protein meats like organic chicken and fish help to produce an alkaline state. Just be wary of citrus fruits. With the exception of lemons and limes, citrus fruits are acidic.
5. Take some key supplements. In controlling herpes, there are a few notable supplements that have been known to be beneficial. Lysine, Vitamins A, C, E, B group, zinc, selenium and licorice root are considered good defense mechanisms in inhibiting the growth of the herpes virus.
6. Keep your stress levels in check. One of the main things that causes herpes outbreaks is when the acid levels in the stomach are elevated. This causes a negative impact on the immune system which triggers herpes symptoms. Try to exercise regularly, get proper rest, go for a hike and even take up yoga or meditation.