Cure Hemorrhoids the Natural Way
Hemorrhoids happen when the veins around the anus tend to stretch under pressure and may bulge or swell. These swollen veins develop from an increase in pressure in the lower rectum which can be very uncomfortable. If you are suffering from hemorrhoids, here are few ways you can cure it naturally:
1. Avoid sitting on the toilet for long periods of time. Use the toilet only whenever you feel the urge to have bowel movement. Prolonged sitting on the toilet as well as forcing out the stool causes the hemorrhoids to get worse.
2. Eat foods high in fiber such as fresh fruits, leafy vegetables, and whole-grain breads and cereals. Remember also to drink plenty of water and fluids. Changing your eating and drinking lifestyle avoid constipation and helps in passing the stool out easily.
3. Observe proper anal hygiene. Keep the area clean and dry at all times. Avoid scrubbing the area for this further aggravates the hemorrhoids and causes irritation. When wiping, use a gentle and slow motion. Using water to clean the area is the best but if this is not possible, clean your anus by patting gently using a moist toilet paper of baby wipes.
4. Reduce your weight. Losing weight significantly decreases the pressure on the lower part of your body specifically the rectum area. Maintain a healthy weight for your height to get rid of hemorrhoids.
5. Avoid lifting heavy objects or other form of activity where you do excessive straining. Ask someone else to help you out.
6. Refrain from prolonged sitting for extended periods of time. This will limit the pressure being exerted on your bottom. When your work requires you to be seated most of the time, take a break every now and then and walk around for few minutes.
7. Apply ice pack to the affected area. It will give a quick relief from the pain and swelling by shrinking the veins. Take small pieces of ice cubes and put them in a bag. Apply on the affected area of the skin. Be careful not to insert the ice directly into the rectum because it will burn your skin.
8. Soak yourself in a warm tub or sitz bath several times a day for about 10 minutes. The warm water will ease the swelling and alleviate the pain associated with hemorrhoids. Make sure to use clean water free from any bath products.