Dog mange can be incredibly unattractive and uncomfortable for your dog. But harsh treatments can have negative side effects that you weren’t expecting, and they can also be pricey. It’s easy, however, to treat your dog with easy-to-make homeopathic treatments that can work in a short period of time. And homeopathic treatments have fewer of the negative side effects of traditional medicines.
1. Change your dog’s food. Dog mange is actually caused by suppression of the dog’s immune system and an inability to fight off the mites that cause the mange—especially in puppies. Altering a dog’s diet to a more raw and natural diet can immediately boost the immune system so that he or she can begin to fight off the disease. Rubicon is a good choice for dog food.
2. Eliminate wheat from the diet. Mites feed on the yeast living in the pores, and taking out processed foods can rid the dog’s body of the yeast. You can try a raw food diet dog regime, which can be purchased at any holistic pet food store.
3. Combine 1 tsp. lavender oil, 1 tsp. neem oil and 9 tsp. virgin coconut oil. Apply to the affected areas twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
4. Combine 3 tbsp. fresh organic lemon juice, 2 oz. witch hazel and 4 oz. filtered water. Apply to the affected areas twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
5. Supplement your dog’s diet with beta glucan or New Life Colostrum Plus. Both are pet supplements that are known to build up the immune system to fight off dog mange. Read the instructions for the necessary dosage, which depends on the supplement brand.