Drink water to ease allergy cough
An allergy cough may be relatively harmless. But it can be disruptive, causing interrupted sleep, a sore throat, and in some cases trouble breathing. You can cause the symptoms of your allergy cough to ease up by using natural remedies.
1. Clear out your allergy cough by drinking lots of fluids. Water and fruit juices can help clear mucous out of your throat. It loosens up the mucous and makes it easier for your body to get rid of if through coughing. Take small sips of fluid every time you feel a cough attack coming on.
2. Make your own natural cough syrup. Take a little bit of lemon juice and mix it with twice as much honey. Drink this mixture every time your allergy cough feels like it is getting out of control.
3. Moisturize the air you breathe. Take a hot shower and breathe in the air from the steam. Keep the air moist in your bedroom by using a vaporizer or humidifier. This will help loosen the mucous and ease your allergy cough.
4. Soothe and relax your throat. You can keep your throat from getting that dry uncomfortable feeling by drinking hot tea sweetened with honey. Prevent constant coughing by sucking on hard candy.
5. Sleep with your head elevated. Put one or two extra pillows under your head. This will help reduce night time coughing.
6. Stay away from allergens. This includes dust, pollen, animal dander, and mold. Cigarette smoke can also aggravate your allergy cough.